What aftercare programs are available?
With the restrictions on inpatient length of stay by managed care companies and to ensure patient success, it has become vital that each patient be provided an appropriate "aftercare" plan. This is a standard of this hospital's outpatient programs. Since River Oaks does not operate an outpatient facility, contract providers are utilized. Contract providers are selected for their professional expertise and their ability to provide "localized" aftercare to the hospital's patients.
Who can refer to River Oaks Hospital?
We welcome referrals from medical or mental health caregivers, case managers, employee assistance programs, family members, community agencies, hospitals, clergy, friends and patients themselves. If you would like further information, call our representative at 504-734-1740 or 1-800-366-1740 or click here to request information via email.
Will my insurance company pay for treatment?
River Oaks Hospital works closely with patients, their families, agency representatives, insurance companies, EAPs and managed care providers to determine all possible payment options. River Oaks also accepts MEDICARE and TRICARE®. In addition, River Oaks Hospital will accept direct payment of fees for individuals who do not have or want to use insurance. We are an approved provider for most major insurance companies and managed care plans.
What should I bring with me to River Oaks?
Things to bring to River Oaks Hospital:
- Insurance forms and personal identification.
- Overnight personal care items including shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, combs, brushes, lotions, hairdryers, safety razors.
- Casual clothing (wash and wear depending on the season).
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers for outside recreation).
- Current medications
- Small amount of money (for small purchases such as cigarettes, snacks, personal items and stamps).
- Comfort items such as favorite pillow, comforter/throw or photographs (no glass frames).
Things to leave at home:
- Books or magazines of any type (all reading material is provided).
- Any substances that contain alcohol, drugs, or other substances that could be abused.
- Tight fitting or short cut clothing, shirts with inappropriate slogans or revealing slumber wear.
- Food of any kind.
- Any other valuable items.
If I have a problem on a weekend or in the evening, how do I contact River Oaks Hospital?
River Oaks is open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to assess and treat mental illness and chemical dependency.
If you are in need of treatment or just have a question you can call our representative at 504-734-1740 or 1-800-366-1740 anytime.