Referral FormsPlease contact us at 800-366-1740 or 504-734-1740 to speak with a master’s-level admissions counselor. River Oaks Hospital offers free assessments with admission 24 hours a day, 7days a week.
River Oaks Hospital accepts most insurance and managed care plans, TRICARE®, Medicare and Medicaid for children and adolescents. Our staff will be happy to investigate insurance benefits or private payment options, as well as negotiate a case rate with a company with which the hospital is not affiliated.
For admission to The New Orleans Institute for Trauma-Based Disorders or The Eating Disorders Treatment Center, one must have their primary therapist complete the appropriate Intake Form which is available online or by contacting the admissions department. The clinical information will be reviewed by the primary treatment team to determine if the patient meets clinical criteria for inpatient admission.
Upon arrival to the hospital, the client will be assessed by a clinician in the admissions department to provide additional information which may be relevant to treatment. The admissions packet will be signed with a hospital staff member, and upon receipt of the admission orders from the accepting physician, the individual will be shown to the assigned unit and room. Accommodations are semi-private (2 patients per room) with a shared bath in between two suites. The unit staff will begin orienting the new client to the program, and various clinical evaluations will begin.
An individual who is preparing for admission to River Oaks may bring the following items:
- Casual, comfortable clothes – shorts may be worn, but length should be close to the knee. Cutoffs are not allowed. T-shirts should not have writing or pictures which may be offensive to others. Clothing items with belts, drawstrings, or cords are not allowed. Athletic shoes should have velcro-type closure. Shoe strings may not be used.
- Pajamas, robe, slippers and cordless alarm clocks.
- Toiletries (some items may be kept in a locker for safety reasons) suggestions: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, combs, brushes, lotions, hairdryers,and cordless razors. Please note that safety/disposable razors may not be used.
- Comfort items, such as a favorite pillow, comforter or throw, stuffed animals, or photographs (not in a glass and frame).
- Laundry detergent (machines are available on each unit at no charge to clients).
- Current medications
- Small amount of spending money (for vending machines, outings, or items needed at a store). Please bring the cash, credit cards, or checks needed for hospital payments. Please leave jewelry at home. If not, they will be locked in the hospital safe.
- No cell phones are permitted.
- Please limit belongings to one suitcase.
If you have specific questions regarding The New Orleans Institute or The Eating Disorders Treatment Center at River Oaks or would like to begin the admission process, please contact us.