With the restrictions on inpatient lengths of stay by managed care companies and to ensure patient success, it has become vital that each patient is provided an appropriate aftercare plan. Depending upon clinical needs, individuals may be referred to River Oaks partial or intensive outpatient programs. The may also be referred back to their own outpatient provider or be assisted in obtaining services upon discharge.
We welcome referrals from medical or mental health caregivers, case managers, employee assistance programs, family members, community agencies, hospitals, clergy, friends, and patients themselves. If you would like further information, call our representative at 504-734-1740 or 800-366-1740.
River Oaks Hospital works closely with patients, their families, agency representatives, insurance companies, EAPs, and managed care providers to determine all possible payment options. River Oaks also accepts MEDICARE and TRICARE®. In addition, River Oaks Hospital will accept direct payment of fees for individuals who do not have or want to use insurance. We are an approved provider for most major insurance companies and managed care plans.
- Insurance cards and personal identification
- Overnight personal care items including shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, combs, brushes, lotions, hairdryers, safety razors (products that are alcohol-based will not be allowed on the units)
- Casual clothing (wash and wear depending on the season)
- Comfortable shoes (sneakers for outside recreation)
- Current medications
- Small amount of money (for vending machines)
Things to Leave at Home:
- Electronic devices
- Books or magazines of any type (all reading materials provided)
- Any substances that contain alcohol, drugs, or other substances that could be abused
- Tight fitting or shortcut clothing, shirts with inappropriate slogans, or revealing slumber wear
- Food of any kind
- Any other valuable items
Approved Items to Bring During Your Stay:
- Sweats (you may want to bring a light jacket or sweater)
- Shorts (no cut-offs and the length should be close to the knee)
- Robes- no cords/ties
- Tennis shoes (no laces)
- Toiletries that do not contain alcohol as an ingredient
- Cordless grooming items
- Current medications and/or list of medications
- Current insurance card
- Small amounts of money for vending machines
- Cell phones are permitted for access to content, not for communication. Patients are required to use hospital telephones during scheduled hours rather than personal cell phones
River Oaks is open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to assess and treat mental illness and chemical dependency.
If you are in need of treatment or have a question, you can call our representative at anytime at 504-734-1740 or 800-366-1740.