River Oaks Hospital, located minutes outside of New Orleans, La, is a psychiatric facility that has provided quality treatment to individuals suffering from mental illness, and/or addictive disorders since 1970. Situated on a 14-acre campus, inpatient services are available for adults and adolescents. We also offer a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient programs (IOP) for adults.
The New Orleans Institute provides specialized services for the treatment of trauma and compulsive behaviors. The Eating Disorders Treatment Center offers a comprehensive program for male and female adults with anorexia, bulimia and related eating disorders. Both the New Orleans Institute and the Eating Disorders Treatment Center are nationally recognized for their excellence. These programs receive referrals from around the United States and are acknowledged as leading centers in their respective fields.
River Oaks Hospital provides the following:
- For individuals needing hospitalization, patient living space is available in five separate and distinct treatment pavilions.
- Within each pavilion, three wings allow for further distinction between treatment diagnoses, age, or gender.
- This unique design offers increased integrity and focus for clients in different treatment programs.
- Partial hospitalization is offered for all programs for individuals exhibiting less acuity, thus enabling them to live in their home environment. Partial programs can be utilized as a step down continuum of care for a seamless transition into the community, or as a step up in care when outpatient therapy is no longer effective or appropriate. Support services, such as expressive therapies, enable clients to work on treatment goals through a variety of clinical modalities.
- We have the largest expressive and creative arts therapy staff in the area, including registered clinicians in music therapy, dance and/or movement therapy, recreational therapy, and psychodrama. These clinicians are integral members of the multidisciplinary treatment team which includes psychiatrists, other physicians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, and registered nurses.
- A fully accredited private alternative school on campus assists younger patients in continuing their education while in treatment. Additional services provided by River Oaks include Mobile Crisis Services for assessment, intervention and debriefing, workshops for professionals, and referral services nationwide.
River Oaks Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission.
The Joint Commission may be contacted related to quality concerns at 630-792-5000.
Physicians are on the medical staff of River Oaks Hospital, but, with limited exceptions, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of River Oaks Hospital. The facility shall not be liable for actions or treatments provided by physicians.